The holidays are fast approaching, and you might be feeling pressure to track down the perfect gifts for your loved ones. One of our favorite ways to get into the season of giving is by assembling a holiday skincare basket full of personal care goodies. Whether you're looking to pamper a parent, friend, or significant other, you can fill this gift with all sorts of daily essentials such as hand lotions and lip balms. If you're wondering what to put into a thoughtful holiday skincare gift basket, we'll help you get started with Desert Essence favorites.
Best Tips for Organizing a Skincare Gift Basket
In addition to the actual arrangement and the thoughtful note, a skincare gift basket is all about the little skincare gifts! Here are a few tips to consider as you start putting things together and checking out holiday sales.
- Start with the basics. If you're struggling to start your skincare arrangement, go back to the basics. With skin care, there are foundational products such as moisturizers, cleansers, and treatments. Whether you grab all three or just one or two of these items, you'll have a solid start for your holiday arrangement.
- Consider multipurpose botanical oils. Pure oils, such as jojoba oil and tea tree oil, make for versatile gifts. Jojoba oil is excellent as a makeup remover and moisturizer, while tea tree oil can work well as a blemish remover and scalp treatment. Additionally, diluted tea tree oil is also great for home usage, especially for preventing pests and cleaning surfaces.
- Add in a few oil blends. Many plant-based oil blends, such as Inner Peace Organic Essential Oil and Mood Lifter Organic Essential Oil, are great not only for using with an aromatherapy diffuser, but also for rubbing onto the skin with a carrier oil like jojoba oil. During the stressful parts of the holidays, they’re perfect for promoting harmony and balance.
- Don't forget small personal care goodies. Sometimes, it's all about the little things. Small but thoughtful items such as hand sanitizers and lip balms are everyday go-to's that can save your gift recipient that extra trip to the drugstore.
- Read up on plant-based ingredients with good-for-you benefits. If you want to be intentional with your skincare gift basket ideas, it's helpful to look up how various components can support the skin. For example, lavender can be calming, and jojoba oil can deliver moisture without leaving a greasy residue. It's also thoughtful to consider what your gift recipient needs, whether it's nourishment for dry skin or balance for oil-prone skin.
The Perfect Gift Items
So which goods should you pick up for your lucky gift recipient? We like to arrange our baskets with both practical and pampering products, including everyday essentials such as moisturizers and soaps as well as fun add-ons such as body scrubs and aromatherapy oils. Here are a few of our favorite Desert Essence skincare gift ideas to make their holiday merry and bright.
During a cold and drying winter, one of the best skincare gifts is Desert Essence Daily Essential Facial Moisturizer. In this powerhouse formula, jojoba oil and organic aloe work together to soothe and hydrate skin, while safflower oil helps with dryness. Whether incorporated into a morning or night routine, it can help you achieve a healthy glow all season long.
Perfect for dry or mature skin, Desert Essence Revitalizing Oils Facial Moisturizer harnesses evening primrose oil and avocado oil to nourish the skin's moisture barrier for silky smooth radiance. The luscious plant-based ingredients are also wealthy in good-for-you antioxidants and essential fatty acids. Plus, the moisturizer wears beautifully underneath makeup, meaning it can be a flawless base for every festive holiday look.
Blemishes can be common during the stressful holiday season, but comfort and clarity are within reach with a skin treatment like Desert Essence Blemish Touch Stick. Cleansing pure Australian tea tree oil helps diminish skin imperfections, while chamomile, lavender, palmarosa, wintergreen and calendula help calm down irritation. If you're looking for a versatile product to add into your skincare gift basket, this is a foolproof essential.
This exfoliating yet moisturizing body scrub is the perfect present for a glowing reset in the new year. Pamper your loved one with a spa-like experience in the comforts of their home. A sensitive skin go-to, Desert Essence Hydrating Body Sugar Scrub buffs away rough, dry skin with sugar crystals and pumice. It then transforms into a creamy lather that nourishes the skin barrier with shea butter, coconut oil and jojoba oil while soothing with cucumber and chamomile.
An unsung hero in many bags, lip balm yields soft lips for mistletoe kisses. While it might seem like a small addition, it can go a long way in soothing chapped lips during the chilly winter weather. Desert Essence Jojoba Oil Lip Balm softens lips with jojoba oil, aloe and vitamin E. For an instantly soothing and refreshing effect, it features a wintergreen peppermint flavor.
Peppermint candies and mochas reign supreme this time of year, so why not give your skincare gift baskets a festive twist with Desert Essence Peppermint Soap Bar? Besides getting them into the holiday spirit with peppermint, it also soothes skin with aloe and jojoba oil while deeply cleansing it with tea tree oil. Plus, it features 100% RSPO-certified sustainably harvested palm oil, meaning that it uses palm oil sourced with care for the land, wildlife and local communities.
Give the present of joy and peace in the home by way of aromatherapy. Desert Essence Inner Peace Organic Essential Oil is a delightful blend of neroli, petitgrain, cedarwood, sandalwood and frankincense that helps balance emotions and enhance mood during the stressful holiday season. It can be diluted with jojoba oil to rub onto the skin or added to a diffuser. If you're putting together organic skincare gift sets, this USDA-certified organic oil is a great pick.
The holidays can be chaotic, so treat your loved one with a nourishing lotion that's also calming. Desert Essence Bulgarian Lavender Hand & Body Lotion softens the skin and renews the senses courtesy of organic Bulgarian lavender, sunflower oil and organic jojoba oil. Bulgarian lavender is perfect for infusing aromatherapy into skin care, as it features a deeper and more herbaceous scent than traditional lavender.
A skincare powerhouse like jojoba oil deserves a spot in any skincare gift arrangement. Similar to the skin’s own sebum, this golden oil cleans and hydrates skin during drying winters without leaving any greasy residue. It can be a nourishing treat for the hair and scalp, too!
As you count down the days until Christmas, compile thoughtful skincare gift baskets full of nourishing, plant-based Desert Essence products to pamper your loved ones.