When we talk about skin care, we mean all of our skin, not just our faces. Body lotion can sometimes be the unsung hero of skin care, but we’re here to put it front and center. With consistent application, you can keep your body, hands and feet silky soft no matter what the seasons bring. At Desert Essence, we carry a variety of vegan, cruelty-free and plant-powered body lotions to help you nourish your skin. In this guide, we’ll help you understand why body lotion is a must and break down how specific body lotion ingredients work to boost your skin.
Benefits of Regular Lotion Use
Lotion is an excellent way to pamper yourself with personal care, and its benefits run deep. Here are a few reasons why we love to use lotion daily:
- Softens skin: The most clear-cut benefit from consistent body lotion usage is soft skin. Simply put, body lotion rehydrates dry skin as it seals in moisture, and it can help replenish rough spots.
- Smells great: Body lotion's delicious scents can boost your mood and help you express your personality. But if you're sensitive to fragrances, you can also go for something like Desert Essence Fragrance Free Hand & Body Lotion.
- Delivers nourishing ingredients: Body lotion is a treat that nourishes with good-for-you ingredients such as jojoba oil, shea butter and coconut oil rich in essential fatty acids and vitamins.
How to Properly Use Lotion
There’s an ideal time to use lotion, and it’s right after you shower. After gently patting yourself dry with a towel, generously apply lotion all over your body. This way, your body lotion will lock in that remaining post-shower moisture. If you’re using a hand lotion in the middle of the day, reap its rejuvenating benefits by applying it after washing your hands. A note on layering: If you use body oil for a post-shower moisture boost, layer it after your lotion, as body oils are heavy and could prevent lightweight products from getting absorbed into the skin.
Best Ingredients for Lotions
What makes for a good body lotion? It boils down to the ingredients. Desert Essence lotions use nourishing ingredients such as jojoba oil, coconut oil and shea butter to provide fatty acids and help maintain the skin’s moisture barrier. Desert Essence lotions are also packed with other beneficial ingredients that make them nourishing go to’s — we’ll talk about powerhouse ingredients ahead.
Desert Essence Lotions
Desert Essence’s body lotions enlist many beneficial botanicals to hydrate and replenish the skin. No matter what you and your skin need, there’s a body lotion that’ll invigorate your senses while pampering your body. Here’s a breakdown of our body lotions and their good-for-you ingredients.
- Desert Essence Island Mango Hand & Body Lotion features fast-absorbing mango seed butter that deeply moisturizes your skin with essential fatty acids.
- Desert Essence Coconut Hand & Body Lotion touts organic coconut as the star of the show; rich in vitamin E and saturated fatty acids, this tropical delight protects the skin’s natural moisture barrier and leaves a delicious scent.
- Desert Essence Bulgarian Lavender Hand & Body Lotion promotes ease and relaxation. Bulgarian lavender, which yields a more herbaceous scent than regular lavender, delivers soothing aromatherapy.
- Desert Essence Spicy Vanilla Chai Hand & Body Lotion is an aromatic option that warms your senses while smoothing your skin.
- Desert Essence Italian Lemon Hand & Body Lotion refreshes your senses with Italian Lemon's zesty scent, absorbing quickly to revitalize your skin.
- Desert Essence Sweet Almond Hand & Body Lotion combines organic sweet almond extract and shea butter to help smooth and soften skin.
- Desert Essence Fragrance Free Hand & Body Lotion, perfect for those sensitive to fragrances, is powered by organic aloe vera for succulent moisture and antioxidant-rich organic green tea for nourishment.
- Desert Essence Tropical Coconut Hand & Body Lotion provides intense hydration with organic coconut fruit extract and coconut oil, which also send your senses on a relaxing vacation.
Shop Desert Essence’s body lotions to deeply hydrate your skin with plant-powered goodness.