Even during the most wonderful time of the year, your body care routine could use a nourishing boost. With Jack Frost nipping at your nose (translation: chilly winds and dry air), your skin will likely be craving not only hydration but also exfoliation. To help you buff away rough, weathered skin, we’re sharing our tried-and-true recipe for one of our favorite holiday body scrubs: our DIY peppermint body scrub featuring Desert Essence Cannabis Sativa & Jojoba Pure Oil Blend.
Creating the Perfect DIY Winter Body Scrub
Throughout the year, we routinely reach for Desert Essence Hydrating Sugar Body Scrub, which gently cleanses and smooths sensitive skin with sugar crystals, coconut oil, jojoba oil and shea butter. Around wintertime, we love using a DIY scrub for a festive minty twist. For exfoliating goodness, the first ingredient in this scrub is sugar, which helps buff away dead skin cells. We then thoroughly coat the sugar in Desert Essence Cannabis Sativa & Jojoba Pure Oil Blend, which harnesses jojoba oil to balance and moisturize skin and hemp oil to reduce irritation. Like our Hydrating Sugar Body Scrub, this recipe is for a jojoba body scrub, but the hemp oil adds another calming, nourishing component.
To indulge in the season’s scents, we add pure vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg for extra warmth and spice. And, of course, we also add in a few drops of peppermint oil, which offers holiday cheer as well as soothing, cooling freshness. To enjoy glowing, silky soft skin, all you need to do is apply the scrub and rinse it off.
Ingredients for Your DIY Sugar Body Scrub
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup Desert Essence Cannabis Sativa & Jojoba Pure Oil Blend
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 5-6 drops of peppermint essential oil
Winter Sugar Body Scrub Recipe
- Mix granulated sugar and Desert Essence Cannabis Sativa & Jojoba Pure Oil Blend in a bowl until the sugar is coated in oil.
- Add pure vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg powder — these warm winter gourmands are perfect for cozy holiday aromatherapy.
- Add 5 to 6 drops of peppermint essential oil to the mixture. For a dose of winter freshness, this pure essential oil will stimulate the senses and offer a cooling sensation.
- Stir everything together until you notice that the scrub has an even texture.
- Place your DIY winter body scrub into an airtight container like a canning jar.
Now that you’ve made the perfect winter scrub, it’s time to enjoy it. Here are a few notes: Like with any new skincare product, you’ll want to first do a test patch of this recipe before using it all over your body. Additionally, avoid applying it to open cuts or wounds.
- To open up your pores and prep your skin for exfoliation, take a warm shower or bath prior to using your scrub.
- Scoop out a small amount of your DIY body scrub and gently apply it to your skin in circular motions. Remember to give rough elbows, knees and heels extra love!
- Leave the scrub on your skin for 1 to 2 minutes, giving the Desert Essence Cannabis Sativa & Jojoba Pure Oil Blend plenty of time to penetrate and moisturize your skin.
- Rinse the scrub off with warm water.
- Now that your skin is soft, supple and rejuvenated, gently pat it dry, leaving behind some moisture.
- Seal in the moisture with your go-to Desert Essence body lotion, butter or oil spray. You can further indulge your senses with deliciously scented body care go-to’s such as Desert Essence Spicy Vanilla Chai Hand & Body Lotion and Desert Essence Perfect Pistachio Foot Repair Cream.
Embrace a winter glow with a gentle, botanically powered DIY cannabis sativa (hemp) body scrub. To get started, add Desert Essence Cannabis Sativa & Jojoba Pure Oil Blend to your self-care shopping list.